What's the George’s Cycles & Fitness advantage? One of your first choices, and not necessarily an easy one, will be where to shop. It can be a challenge because there are so many stores that carry bikes, from specialty retailers, to giant department stores, to backyard garage operations.
Where you buy, however, has everything to do with what you get. Unlike toasters or suitcases, bikes are shipped in boxes and they must be professionally assembled and tuned. There are many types, too, and you should never buy until you've figured out which is right for you. Having plenty of bikes to choose from and professional salespeople to answer your questions makes the selection easier. Measurements and adjustments are required to ensure the frame is the correct size and that the seat and handlebars are properly positioned. And, every new bicycle will need a minor tune-up after several weeks of use.
George’s Cycles & Fitness has been selling and servicing bikes in Idaho for over 30 years. We offer the greatest selection of bicycles and merchandise, skilled and professional staff, and two convenient locations to help keep you and your new bike on the road.Need more? Here are the nine top reasons our store is the best place to shop:
1) We offer a wide selection of bicycles for different people and uses. With three valley locations we have thousands of bikes in stock. And we provide expert assistance in selecting the proper bike type and model. For example, a road bike makes little sense if your plan is to tackle dirt trails. Likewise, if you're into cruising, you certainly don't need to test ride racing rigs. You need the bike type that's right for you, and our experienced staff will listen to you and help you choose.
2) Bicycles come in different sizes. And they're very adjustable. We find the right frame size for you and then dial in the fit by positioning the seat and handlebars, brake levers and shifters as required. This ensures comfort and that you're in complete control of your bike for safety. There are many variables, too: If you need a softer saddle, we'll put one on. If you prefer to sit more upright, we can accommodate you. Our goal is to make your new bike as comfortable to ride and as easy to pedal as possible. We have years of experience in fitting bikes to riders and we'll get yours fitting so good it disappears beneath you.
3) You might be surprised to learn that bicycles are not completely assembled at the factory. It's true. They're actually delivered to us disassembled and in a box, and we spend about an hour (depending on the model) assembling, tuning and testing every bike (at no additional charge to you). This is required by the United States Consumer Product Safety Commission and we pride ourselves in meeting the highest standards. What's more, our technicians and service department are always prepared to make adjustments and provide advice should you need assistance during a purchase or after a sale.
4) How do you know if that new rig is the right ride for you? The best test, and the truest way to judge a bike, is by taking a spin on it. Roll down the street and shift through the gears. Feel how the frame fits your legs and arms. Try the brakes. Stand up and climb. Coast a bit. Does the bike feel comfortable, easy to pedal, smooth? Is it quiet? Do you like the ride? Make some mental notes and return to our shop to try some others. We're happy to let you compare bikes and get a feel so you find the perfect machine.
5) We're staffed by knowledgeable and enthusiastic cyclists who love to share their expertise. Need to learn how to shift, fix a flat, carry gear, pump your tires? Want to find the best places to ride or friends to pedal with? Just ask, and we'll be more than happy to help.
6) Bicycles are machines that require maintenance. One of the most important services is the first tune-up, which is due after you've ridden your new bike for a few weeks. During this time, cables might stretch, spokes may loosen and adjustments could change. For all new bicycle purchases we do these adjustments free for one year after purchase. Take advantage during this time to make sure your bike is in the best operating condition.
7) We stand behind every bike we sell. If something goes wrong, bring it in and we'll be happy to take care of it for you. Remember our free year’s service program! In the rare event of a manufacturers defect, there are a number of warranties protecting your purchase.
8) We don't just stock any bicycles. Because we stand behind our products, we find and carry only the finest brands and models. Which means that you get a great bike that will last and last with nothing more than regular care and maintenance. And, should you decide to upgrade, you'll be able to sell the bike for a good price.
9) Cycling's most fun when you have the right gear to go along with that new bike. Our stores are loaded with top-quality accessories and equipment such as helmets, locks, pumps, hydration systems, computers, and plenty of other goodies designed to help you enjoy riding. And, we're happy to advise which choices are right for you.